Have you ever infused your own vodka?
If not, you should totally start. It’s super easy and the end result is delicious! Don’t like vodka, infuse your spirit of choice.
I first learned to infuse vodka while bartending and was shocked at how easy it was.
We would throw strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, a sliced orange and a sliced lemon in a big pitcher and empty out a bottle of vodka over top. And that’s it! Let it sit overnight and you have beautifully infused, tripe berry vodka.
Simply strain out the fruit and you’re left with a bright pink vodka. Before I made this, I thought they had added food coloring to get such a vibrant hue. But no, it’s just from the fresh fruit.
This knocks store bought berry flavored vodka out of the park. Those are too sweet to my liking and always taste artificial (because they are). Now you can make it at home, with whatever flavor and which ever spirit you like.
I like to keep the fruit and add it to the cocktails I make with it, because, well… that fruit is full of VODKA! Super potent stuff, don’t think you’re going to just sit around and snack on it. Unless you don’t have anything planned for the day (or the next).
I simply mix it with lemonade to make the most beautiful, flavorful summertime drink.
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled
- 1 orange, cut into slices
- 1 lemon, cut into slice
- 750 ml of your favorite vodka
- 2 ounces Triple Berry Infused Vodka
- Add all the fruit to a large pitcher or container.
- Empty the bottle of vodka over top of the fruit, give it a slight stir to combined.
- Cover and let sit for 24 hours.
- After the vodka has set, strain vodka and store in a airtight container or bottle (I usually keep the one the vodka originally came in).
- Keep refrigerated.
- Fill a large glass with ice.
- Add vodka and top with lemonade.
- Garnish with a strawberry and lemon wheel if desired.