Sangria’s not just for summer. Some of my favorite sangrias are actually made with fruit that are in season in the fall and winter months. One of them is this sparkling citrus sangria.
It’s made with grapefruit, limes, lemons and oranges… and of course, booze! It’s light and full of flavor, with just enough kick to give you that warm, fuzzy feeling. Perfect for this time of year when temperatures are getting cooler and you need a little help keeping warm. Or at least that’s what I tell myself!
This is super easy to whip up and can easily be made ahead. I simply add all the ingredients that don’t contain bubbles (carbonation) in a large pitcher and let that sit until you are ready to serve. Them simply add your bubbly and sparkling citrus soda to your pitcher and you’re ready to serve.
This is perfect for afternoon cocktails with friends or a beautiful compliment to brunch.
Really, it’s good anytime… no need for an excuse to make it!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 cups dry Riesling
- 1 cup sparkling fruit soda (I used sparkling blood orange soda)
- 2 cups champagne or sparkling wine
- orange wheels, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon, lime, orange and grapefruit juice as well as the Riesling. Stir to combine and chill at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Add champagne and sparking fruit soda when ready to serve to pitcher. For individual glasses, fill ¾ of the way with Riesling mixture and top with half champagne and sparkling fruit soda.
- Garnish with orange wheel and serve immediately.