It’s Thursday – so let’s booze cruise it up!
I mean, it is almost the weekend and it’s still summer, so we should definitely just go ahead and celebrate. In college, we used to call it Thirsty Thursdays. Which really just meant another night to drink like fish. Back then, you could bounce right back in the morning. Now, if I have more than two glasses of wine on a work night I am DEAD the next day!
But I’m sure we could get away with a raspberry caipirinha… or two!
I love caipirinha’s – they are Brazilian in nature and really close to a mojito if you’ve never had one (but with more of a kick.) They typically don’t have fruit in them, it’s just lime juice and sometimes a you’ll see a sprig of mint for garnish, but I had some extra fruit lying around plus they taste amazing with some fresh muddled fruit.
I used raspberries, but you could easily do strawberries, blueberries, or even peaches!
So cheers to Thursday and it almost being Friday!
- ½ lime, cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2½ ounces cachaca (Brazilian rum)
- 3 raspberries, plus more for garnish
- In a large rocks glass, squeeze and drip the lime wedges into the glass.
- Add the sugar and raspberries and muddle together.
- Pour in the rum and add ice to fill.
- Garnish with a few raspberries.