This post is sponsored by our wonderful friends at Skippy Natural Peanut Butter – creamy, delicious peanut butter!
Isn’t there something great about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? It’s so nostalgic, I mean I can almost remember the faint smell of my childhood lunchbox every time that I bit into one.
You know what’s even better than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich…. peanut butter and jelly swirled muffins! With sweet, jam and creamy Skippy Natural Peanut Butter. These muffins are handheld, STUFFED with peanut butter, and incredibly irresistable. Plus, I’ve hidden some rolled oats inside, you know… so they can be called heathy and such.
My favorite part is swirling the peanut butter and jelly on top. I top each muffin with about 1/4 teaspoon peanut butter and 1/2 teaspoon jam. I used strawberry because it’s my favorite, but you could use whatever jam you love best. When swirling the peanut butter and jam on top, just be careful not to get the jam too close to the edge of the muffin and burn.
These are perfect for a quick morning breakfast or just a nice snack to have on hand. I like to split mine open and top with a little more jam and a little extra Skippy Natural Peanut Butter. Because my favorite way to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is with jam and peanut butter oooozing from the sides, and these muffins are NO exception!
For more recipes and ideas for baking with Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Spread, click HERE.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup smooth Skippy All Natural Peanut Butter, plus more for topping muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup jam, I used strawberry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix just to combine.
- Add 1 cup peanut butter to the mix, and beat on medium speed until well combined and crumbly.
- Slowly add egg, milk and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins.
- Top each muffin with about ¼ teaspoon peanut butter and ½ teaspoon jam and swirl with a toothpick being careful not to get too close to the edge.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve.