Do you have sudden flashback to the somewhat inappropriate 112 song Peaches & Cream anytime you hear the combo together? I don’t know why those words suddenly bring that song to mind, I guess that’s the millennial in me, but it happens… every.single.time.
And that has absolutely nothing to do with this except it’s a peaches n’ cream mousse, that is made with sweet ripe peaches, sour cream, cream cheese AND heavy whipping cream. To say this mousse is creamy is an understatement.
But I love all the different creams together – they are tangy, sweet, tart – all mixed together with fresh juicy peaches. I knew these peaches were ready to be whipped into something because I could smell deliciousness of them wafting from their spot on the window sill.
Not only do I love the flavors in this mousse, but I love love love how quick it is to put together. Summer for me means spending it outside with friends and family, hopefully with a glass of wine in hand, not in the kitchen slaving over a stove. This peaches ‘n cream mousse requires a quick simmer of the fruit and that’s it. Plus you can serve it immediately after mixing it all together, or it can easily be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve.
I topped mine with a few more fresh peach slices and a sprinkling of pistachios. The pistachios add a nice crunch and a little saltiness, which I always thinks complements a dessert. These are just summer perfect treats!
- 1 cup peeled and chopped fresh peaches, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- chopped pistachios, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, mash together peaches, sugar and kosher salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Mixture should have a jam-like consistency which should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and scrape the mixture into a food processor and let cool completely.
- Once the mixture is cool, add the sour cream and cream cheese and puree until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream to soft peaks.
- Fold the peach mixture into the whipped cream, being careful not to deflate the whipping cream.
- Spoon the mixture into glasses and top with additional peach slices and chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.
- If waiting to serve, cover mousse with plastic wrap and and top with peaches and pistachios when ready to serve.