I so meant to post this recipe right before Cinco de Mayo and then I had my blogging sabbatical and totally didn’t. But it was too incredibly delicious not to share, so what better day to share a good stiff drink than a Friday?! And these grilled pineapple and cilantro margaritas will not disappoint.
It shouldn’t be news that I love a good margarita – I mean it has been less than a month since I posted these roasted strawberry margaritas and it’s been less than a month since I overindulged at a local spot and spent the next day laying on the bathroom floor cursing their existence. I guess it’s a love/hate relationship, but we’re not breaking up anytime soon.
These babies are dangerously addictive – I mean we’re talking grilled pineapple! It gives this margarita a smoky-sweet flavor and such a beautiful color. But I couldn’t just stop there! I added in some fresh cilantro and muddled it all together with tequila, a little pineapple juice, fresh lime juice and a tiny squeeze of simple syrup.
The flavor is fresh, sweet, smoky, tart with a strong kick of tequila and a nice salty rim.
This is what Friday is all about my friends. Cheers! And have a kickass weekend!
- 1 grilled pineapple ring
- 2-3 sprigs cilantro
- 2½ ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle grilled pineapple ring, cilantro and tequila.
- Fill shaker with ice and add lime juice, pineapple juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into an ice filled glass rimmed with salt.
- Garnish with a grilled pineapple ring and cilantro sprig.
- ***Note - this recipe can be multiplied to make a large batch