Grilled French bread topped with homemade ricotta cheese, salty prosciutto and grilled white peaches finished with a drizzle of honey – such an easy appetizer for gatherings or BBQs.
I’ve been picking up a lot of fresh fruit during my farmer’s market trips this summer. The last trip there were so many delicious stone fruits and a few juicy, white peaches ended up coming home with me.
While I love eating a juicy peach all on it’s own I wanted to create a sweet and salty summer appetizer that’s quick to whip up but light and easy to eat.
What happened was fresh grilled bread getting slathered with homemade ricotta that I had leftover from this recipe.
Then I added a nice piece of salty prosciutto. Seriously, I could eat a pound of prosciutto alone, in one sitting, and probably still want more. Top that off with a grilled peach.
Grilling peaches – yes! All their natural juiciness is intensified with just a hint of sweet smokiness. Yes please! Give a drizzle of sticky honey over top to compliment the saltiness of the ricotta and prosciutto and you have yourself an easy and delicious appetizer.
These grilled peach and prosciutto crostini bites are easy to serve and perfect for parties and BBQs. Handheld, not overly messy, and with all your favorite summer flavors! Delish!
- One french baguette, sliced
- Two large peaches, sliced
- Grill french baguette and peaches on a hot grill until warm and grill marks are visible. This could also be done on a grill plate inside.
- To assemble, take a baguette slice, slather it with the homemade ricotta and top with a slice of prosciutto and a peach slice.
- Repeat for remaining ingredients and finish with a drizzle of honey over top of each prepared crostini.