Although this week I’m a little sad so see Friday come. I’ve been on vacation all week, visiting my boyfriend on one of his MANY work trips, and I leave tomorrow. I feel like the week just flew!
Today I’m sharing with you a dill-icious drink! Yes that’s the name of it and I straight up stole it from the last place I bartended. I was a little skeptical at first. Truthfully, if I’m drinking something with tequila in it, it’s going to be a margarita. But part of bartending (or at least what I considered part of the job) was taste testing the drinks. And I actually loved this one!
As I’ve grown older, and my tastebuds are no longer those of a 22 college student that craves overly sweet drinks (anyone remember Malibu rum and pineapple juice… my stomach aches just thinking about it), I’ve started to enjoy different cocktails. This Dill-icious cocktail is so refreshing and packed full of flavor. Bright notes of lime and refreshing hints of cucumber compliment the tequila so well, but the real star of the show is the dill. It’s fragrant but still light enough that this drink doesn’t taste like you’re eating tonight’s dinner. Plus the club soda keeps your drink light and bubbly without adding extra sugar.
I’ll definitely be making a few of these up for my last night on vaca! It’ll also make the sunburn I’ve been rocking all week feel a little better.
- cucumber, sliced into ¼" rounds and cut into quarters
- fresh dill
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- club soda
- lime wedge, for garnish
- In a pint glass, add the cucumber, a good amount of dill leaves pulled from the stem, and the tequila. Muddle until the the cucumber starts to break up.
- Fill to the rim with ice.
- Add the lime juice and top with club soda till full.
- Give the drink a stir with a long spoon.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and sprig of dill.