I am back with another margarita recipe this week! I shared a juicy mango margarita with you Wednesday, but I have save my all-time favorite margarita for you for today – a Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita. And since it’s Friday you should definitely make yourself one three!
I cannot take the credit for this amazing concoction; it comes straight from the most amazing Mexican restaurant in Hermosa Beach – Palmilla. It is right off the pier where you can listen to waves crashing in the distance while enjoying this refreshing, beachy drink. You should definitely go!
Want to know why this tops all the margaritas I’ve ever had, ever?!? It consists of fresh, muddle cucumber and jalapeno. A little bit of heat from the jalapeno and the natural cooling effect of the cucumber create the most amazing cocktail experience. You then add all the traditional flavors of a margarita; tart lime, a hint of sweetness and that kick of sweet, sweet tequila. Oooooohhhh baby, these are good!
I can put down quite a few of these and making them at home always beats spending a hundred bucks, which is what happens when I venture out to get them.
But who am I kidding, that’s fun too! Enjoy your weekend!
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounce agave syrup (or homemade simple syrup)
- cucumber, sliced into ¼" rounds and cut into quarters
- jalapeno, sliced into rounds
- salt, for rimming glasses (optional)
- Combined the tequila, 8 cucumber quarters and 2 jalapenos slices into a shaker and muddle until the cucumber and jalapeno start to break up.
- Add the lime juice and agave syrup and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 60 seconds.
- Strain liquid into an ice-filled glass rimmed with salt.