This post was sponsored by Kozy Shack because it’s the summer of pudding guys!
I have been on a total fruit binge – cakes, muffins, cobblers, popsicles – it has been on constant rotation at the Happy Food Dance house. So why would today be any different?! It’s not – because I’m making these sweet, tart and super creamy balsamic cherry tapioca parfaits.
Seriously, such an easy little treat – just Kozy Shack Tapioca Pudding and a balsamic and sweet cherry reduction. The balsamic reduction is so easy to make. Just pit some cherries, mix them in with some honey and balsamic in a saucepan and let simmer until reduced by half. Voila – balsamic and sweet cherry reduction.
This compliments the tapioca pudding so well, which is creamy and sweet, because the reduction is tart, bright and vibrant, with just a hint of sweetness from the cherries and honey. I love a good ying and yang -especially when it comes to dessert.
My favorite part is getting to throw these babies together. You can give the parfaits a little swirl if you want to, but I just love topping the cherry reduction over the pudding. It’s such a beautiful color!
- 1 cup pitted dark cherries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-22 ounce container Kozy Shack Tapioca Pudding
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine cherries, honey and balsamic. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Let mixture simmer until reduces by half and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- To prepare parfaits, fill glass with tapioca pudding and top with balsamic cherry reduction. Swirl if desired.
- Serve immediately.