I’m pumped for the Super Bowl this year! I was born and raised in Colorado and grew up in a house of Broncos fans. I’m not talking regular Broncos fans either. There was a life-sized cardboard cutout of John Elway. My mom has an entire outfit, including Broncos shoes… where can you even buy Bronco shoes? So to say this is a big game is an understatement.
My boyfriend and I are going to do a potluck with a group of friends for the game and were brainstorming what we would bring to share. Of course one of the first things that came to mind were the Pulled Pork Sliders that I previously shared with you guys. They are so easy to make, a cinch to pack up in the crock-pot, and are a definite crowd pleaser. But a quick second are these delicious, and just as easy to make Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos.
How easy you say? Three ingredients easy. You simply cut the jalapenos in half, get rid of the seeds and membrane (you might want to wear gloves during this, handling jalapenos can leave you with a nice burning sensations for quite a while- trust me), stuff the inside with cream cheese, and wrap with bacon. That’s it! Toss in the oven until the bacon is crispy and you have an impressive Super Bowl appetizer to share with your friends.
Want a tip to make these super delish? Put a wire rack on top of your sheet pan, then set your stuffed jalapenos on top . This keeps your bacon crispy and eliminated soggy, greasy jalapenos. I’ve done it both ways (wire rack and no wire rack) and it definitely makes a difference.
- 20 whole, fresh jalapenos
- 2 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 to 2 pounds of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut the jalapenos in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membrane.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
- Wrap the stuffed jalapeno half with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake in the oven until bacon is crispy. About 20 to 25 minutes. If jalapenos seem done but the bacon is not crispy turn the broil on for a few minutes to finish.
- Serve immediately at room temperature.